4:30pm – This’ll be a short work session since I have to be somewhere in less than an hour, but I want to try and solve the AJAX error if I can before that. I’ve already taken a look at it and I’ve got no clue what’s going wrong. I don’t see any new code that would interfere with the jquery get function, yet it returns a fail result. So, I’ve gotta figure out under what conditions it could fail.
4:33pm – Oho! I found the problem. When I went to the php page itself it gave a syntax error. That explains it. That should be easy enoug to fix.
4:35pm – It doesn’t seem to have a syntax error in the file itself. I’ll try re-uploading it in case I don’t have the most recent version on the server.
4:46pm – Well I’ve gotten rid of the AJAX error but I still don’t have any posts showing. I wonder why that could be.
5:01pm – The AJAX error is gone, it was mostly a bunch of syntax errors in the PHP. But now it’s not putting up any posts and it’s not giving any errors. I added a data dump to console and found that it was getting a false result from the PHP script. That means the database connection isn’t working properly, in one of a few ways. It’ll take some effort to figure out what’s going wrong there, and I’m low on time, so I’m going to head out.