Archive for the ‘a-life’ Tag

Collision Detection Insufficient   Leave a comment

Delight of delights, I finally have a modern laptop. I’ve already gone ahead and moved most of my stuff onto here, and I have already got my previous work compiling and running. Great! That’s how I like things; working. I like myself working too, so I’m happy to be back at the cafe with my […]

Posted August 31, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , , ,

The Plants are Planting, and Synthesizing Food   Leave a comment

Well, I’ve been working a bit more on the first a-life experiment. So far, I have some ugly scaling bitmap plants that grow over time. Some of them are overlapping the boundary of the sandbox though and I don’t want to have that, so I need to make them move away from it when they […]

Posted August 23, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , ,

The Sandbox   Leave a comment

Okay work time is time for work. Gonna make the background into a bunch of 16×16 squares instead of 32×32, and give them simple colours… Huh, interesting, I had thought that shrinking them wouldn’t make a big difference since the graphics are simpler and it’s just re-using two bitmap stamps over and over, but the […]

Posted July 4, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , , ,

Plants and Animals   Leave a comment

So here I am, at the cafe again. It’s been a while; this last month has been terrible for me overall. I’ve decided to push the textworld project to the back burner. I kept changing my goals on that project and ultimately realized I wasn’t working towards any of them anymore. Instead I’m going to […]

Posted July 3, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , , ,

HaXePunk is Coming Under Control   Leave a comment

Well, it’s taken a lot of finageling and futzing but I’ve managed to get HaxePunk to operate with FlashDevelop the way I wanted it to. Code completion works, lookups work, and pressing the test button tests the app. Huzzahulations! Now to actually learn how to use HaXePunk and see how it goes. The framerate isn’t […]

Posted April 19, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , ,

A Beginning for A-Life   Leave a comment

Today I don’t feel like working with text, but I can’t relax and play, so I’ve got to work on something else. So, I’m going to start doing the other option of the two I started with, when I started the text game. I’m going to start doing some A-Life experiments. So, I’m going to […]

Posted April 15, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , , , ,