Archive for the ‘haxepunk’ Tag

Collision Detection Insufficient   Leave a comment

Delight of delights, I finally have a modern laptop. I’ve already gone ahead and moved most of my stuff onto here, and I have already got my previous work compiling and running. Great! That’s how I like things; working. I like myself working too, so I’m happy to be back at the cafe with my […]

Posted August 31, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , , ,

The Sandbox   Leave a comment

Okay work time is time for work. Gonna make the background into a bunch of 16×16 squares instead of 32×32, and give them simple colours… Huh, interesting, I had thought that shrinking them wouldn’t make a big difference since the graphics are simpler and it’s just re-using two bitmap stamps over and over, but the […]

Posted July 4, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , , ,

Plants and Animals   Leave a comment

So here I am, at the cafe again. It’s been a while; this last month has been terrible for me overall. I’ve decided to push the textworld project to the back burner. I kept changing my goals on that project and ultimately realized I wasn’t working towards any of them anymore. Instead I’m going to […]

Posted July 3, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , , ,

Figuring Out HaxePunk   Leave a comment

Well, I’m trying to learn HaxePunk, which is a HaXe port of FlashPunk, but both are lacking something important. Good overview. Even pouring over the documentation doesn’t give me a good idea of what everything is and how they fit together. I’m able to figure out some things via the tutorials, and so I’m going […]

Posted May 2, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with ,

HaXePunk is Coming Under Control   Leave a comment

Well, it’s taken a lot of finageling and futzing but I’ve managed to get HaxePunk to operate with FlashDevelop the way I wanted it to. Code completion works, lookups work, and pressing the test button tests the app. Huzzahulations! Now to actually learn how to use HaXePunk and see how it goes. The framerate isn’t […]

Posted April 19, 2012 by Arthur Payne in A-Life

Tagged with , ,